February 26, 2010

Brooklyn Lager from Brooklyn Brewery

By Rick

Don and I recently had a tasting session. I eagerly volunteered to do any and all of the pale ales, IPAs & ESBs because I love "the bitters!" So Don was somewhat surprised when I also readily agreed to start the samplings with a Brooklyn Lager.

This isn't your "typical lager". I've been familiar with the Brooklyn Brewery for several years and their flagship brew is just one of their many quality products. (In fact- I LOVE Brooklyn's variety packs; it's a great way to sample several of their brews in one delicious "case study"!)

Brooklyn Lager pours an expected amber color and produces a proper head. But this is where similarities stop & the differences begin: the hoppiness! Not too much, mind you, but just enough to make me think I'm drinking an ale instead of a lager! And in Rick's World- that's a good thing!

I like to use Brooklyn Lager to introduce my "lager friends" to the wonderful world of hops! Since it's not an overpowering taste (or overpowering in its 5.2% ABV) it couples nicely with any food you may choose- or just enjoy its taste by itself!

Cheers!

NOTE:  This beer is part of of Brooklyn's "Party Mix."  See our reviews of East India Pale AleBrooklyn Brown Ale & Pennant Ale '55.

No comments:

Post a Comment