October 05, 2011

Avalanche from Breckenridge Brewery

By Don

My Sister-In-Law and Brother-In-Law were coming to visit from Chicago.  I knew that they liked Avalanche, so I picked some up before their visit.

After they left, I realized that I never even tried one!

So, recently, I picked up another six of Avalanche to see what it was all about.

Avalanche is an Amber Ale and it's the best selling beer from Breckenridge Brewery.  It pours to a nice amber color with a minimal head, but it sticks around for awhile.  There's some good lacing on the glass too.

There's not a real strong aroma.  I got a slight caramel hint.  There's a good blend between the malt and the hops.

This one would be a good "session" beer.  It's only 5.41% ABV and clocks in at just 19 on the IBU scale.

Avalanche would be a good compliment to any meal.  I had mine with pizza & pasta and it was a great fit.

Go west young man!  And pick up some Avalanche.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment