September 12, 2011

White Mountain Raspberry Weasel Wheat Ale from Woodstock Inn Brewery

By Don

It's off to New Hampshire we go for our next review & story.

This summer, we spent a week in New England starting in Boston and then went up to Wolfeboro & Lake Winnipesaukee in Central New Hampshire.

Lake Winnipesaukee was beautiful.  We enjoyed time on the lake, walking into town, campfires, karaoke and drinking beer!

Before we left, I wanted to make sure and take home a local brew.  I found a 12 pack sampler from Woodstock Inn Brewery of North Woodstock, NH.

The Woodstock Inn is truly an Inn.  You can spend the night there.  If you have too much of their beer brewed on premises, you might NEED to spend the night.  They also have 2 restaurants that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week!

The White Mountain 12 bottle variety pack that I picked up included a "White Mountain Raspberry Weasel Wheat Ale."

I do enjoy a flavored ale from time to time, but I'm always just a little leery.  Sometimes there's just a little too much fruit and not enough ale!

Weasel Wheat Ale pours to a golden color with a frothy head that sticks around.  It's a fizzy, bubbly ale that I would typically call "crisp."  Bring the pint glass up to your nose and you'll get two nostrils full of a strong raspberry aroma.

As I said, this is a crisp ale.  It has a bit of bite and nice raspberry hints.  The taste of raspberries is not overwhelming.  This is a thirst-quenching beer.  I'd put it in my summer lawn-mowing category.  It's an easy drink and clocks in at just 4.3% ABV.

I'm looking forward to trying some more from my variety pack from Woodstock Inn Brewing!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment