May 25, 2011

Raspberry Wheat from Southern Tier Brewing Company

By Don

For some reason, the rain stopped and we've actually had some days with sunshine!  That means it was time to mow the lawn.

I finished up mowing the lawn and thought that I would check out another one of the "Mix-Pack" that Bud had just given me.

It was hot and I was a little sweaty.  So, I wanted something that would be thirst quenching.  I picked up a Raspberry Wheat from Southern Tier Brewing Company of Lakewood, NY.  We've reviewed other offerings from Southern Tier and there are more to come!

Raspberry Wheat is a "malt beverage brewed with raspberries."  It pours to a golden yellow.  It's "fizzy" and has a minimal head which dissipated quickly.

It has a strong aroma of raspberries, but the taste of the raspberries is subtle.  The malts balance out the hops for a smooth, almost coating feeling as you drink.

It has a nice bite, but isn't enough to scare off a newcomer to hopped brews.  Despite it's "fizzy" pour, it's not over-carbonated.

This was a good choice after doing my lawn mowing.  It's crisp.  I'd call it a thirst-quencher.  And, it's only 4.9% ABV.

Good stuff from Southern Tier!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I love Southern Tier. They are doing some great things with beer.

    ReplyDelete