September 05, 2010

Pride of Milford by Cooperstown Brewing

By Rick

The Cooperstown Brewery is actually in the town of Milford, NY- less than 10 miles south of the home for the Baseball Hall Of Fame. It was only right to stop and enjoy some samplings at this microbrewery. (Baseball & beer go together so well, right?!)

Although I'm a self-professed "hop- head", my samplings also included "The Pride of Milford". I must admit: if I brewed this beer- I would be proud of it too! That's one of the great things about micro-breweries: finding something that you've never tasted before!

It's dark in color (reddish-copper). Its aroma is subtle and its taste is more complex than a pale ale/ IPA. Definitely more malt than hops- at least to my taste. More sweet than bitter. (Can you tell that I'm out of my "hoppy comfort zone"?!)

This brew would pair nicely with hearty foods. It's 7.7%ABV, so enjoy responsibly.

The gentleman that poured my sample told me: "Even though you're a hophead- I bet you remember this one."

He was right.

Cheers!
 
CATEGORY: Special Occasion Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment