January 30, 2011

East India Pale Ale from Brooklyn Brewery

By Rick

Cheers!
I LOVE Pales Ales! And I love Brooklyn Brewery's East India Pale! Their website tells the classic story of how IPAs began: extra hops were added to the British ales so they would not spoil in the voyages from England to India during the early 1800s.
East India Pale ale has the classic golden brown appearance with a proper, frothy head. Enjoy its appearance in a proper pint glass before quaffing. (Be careful, though- its 6.8% ABV might "sneak up" on you!) A classic hoppy/ citrus aroma accompanies the pour. That crisp, full-bodied taste is followed by the classic crisp finish. I enjoy its taste by itself, but don't be afraid to pair this classic IPA with hearty foods: it will hold its own!
Can you tell I love my East India Pale Ale?!

Cheers!

NOTE:  This beer is part of of Brooklyn's "Party Mix."  See our reviews of Pennant Ale '55, Brooklyn Brown Ale & Brooklyn Lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment