March 08, 2013

Righteous Ale from Six Point Brewing

By Don

So, I finally checked out a local beer store that I've been wanting to check out.  It's called the 'Hop Shop' in Downtown State College.  It's a 'beer boutique' with over 500 selections.  They even have a 'Draft Tower' with 8 rotating selections where you can bring in a growler and get it filled up with your favorite brew on tap!

I had a great conversation with the beer connoisseur on duty.  I"m sorry I didn't get his name!

Anyway, I made up my own 6-pack.  One of his suggestions was "Righteous Ale" from Six Point Brewing.  Six Point Brewing of Brooklyn, NY "bottles" their beer in cans.  So, I was intrigued.  The can said "Beer is culture"on it so I was more intrigued.  I put the 16 OUNCE! can in my 6-pack and continued 'hop shopping.'

 Righteous Ale pours to a nice, dark amber color with a nice, frothy head that slowly dissipated but left a nice layer on top and good lacing on the sides of the glass as well.

Righteous Ale is brewed with Rye Malt giving it its 'earthy' character.  It has a faint citrus aroma as it is dry-hopped with herbal and citrus hops.

It's a full-bodied brew.  I called it 'bittersweet.'  It his a nice, crisp bite from the hops, but the citrus gives it a little sweetness too.  I really enjoyed this one.  Great rye ale!

6.3% ABV, 57 on the IBU scale.

Now, I'm even more intrigued.  I need to find out more about this Six Point Brewing.

And I need to make another trip to the Hop Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment