January 30, 2011

Brown Ale from Brooklyn Brewery

By Rick

"There's something going on there!"

That's what Don's wife, Lori, remarked after tasting Brooklyn Brewery's Brown Ale. I followed her lead and I agreed!

That's quite a step out of my comfort zone for a hophead like me. You see- I've been a fan of Brooklyn's Lager, Pennant Ale and East India Pale Ale for some time. (See my reviews!) In fact- the Brooklyn variety case ("Party Mix") contains an assortment of these four beers. Now that I've "made friends" with Brooklyn's Brown Ale, the "Party Mix" is my favorite variety case!

It pours a rich dark brown with a frothy head. The malt aroma beckons one to imbibe. Brown Ales usually taste too "earthy" for me, but not Brooklyn's offering: it's full-flavored yet finishes crisply. Pair this hearty brew with hearty foods! 5.6% ABV.

Brooklyn Brewery's website states that it originally marketed Brown Ale as their first-ever seasonal brew in 1989, but now it can be purchased year-round.

See?! Lori was right: "There's something going on there!"

Cheers!

NOTE:  This beer is part of of Brooklyn's "Party Mix."  See our reviews of East India Pale Ale, Pennant Ale '55 & Brooklyn Lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment