January 12, 2011

Vanilla Porter from Breckenridge Brewery

By Don

I made up a "Mix Pack" a few weeks back and Vanilla Porter from Breckenridge Brewery of Colorado was one that caught my eye.  As mentioned in other reviews, Porters and Stouts are typically my thing, but it is winter and I wanted to try something new for the season.

The "Remarkable" Vanilla Porter pours to a nice dark, chocolately brown color.  There was not much of a head and it dissipated quickly.

There's a faint vanilla aroma, but it's not overwhelming.

Now, on to the taste.

I got an initial bitter kick at the front of the tongue followed up by the vanilla sweetness at the back of my throat to conclude.

I would call this an 'easy' drink.  It's thirst quenching.  You can take some good gulps of this one.

You can find out more about Vanilla Porter on the Breckenridge website -- including a recipe for a Vanilla Porter Milkshake!  Yummmmmmm!

This one is just 4.7% ABV and it's available year-round.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment