March 07, 2010

Black Forest from Saranac Brewery

By Don

My wife cooked up some of my favorite sausage along with broccoli and a baked potato for dinner the other night.  I went down to the beer fridge to look for a good compliment.  I wanted something a little more "hearty" to compliment my meal.

Thanks to the recent purchase of a Saranac variety pack, I had a Black Forest in the beer fridge.  I grabbed it and headed off to the dinner table.

Nice pour on this one.  It has a nice frothy head that dissipated fairly quickly and nice lacing on the glass.  I found this one to be a nice, easy drinking brew.  It's a great combination of sweet & bitter together and has the traditional malty aroma of a Bavarian black beer.

It has a nice reddish, brown color and has a nice mouth feel.  It seems to coat the inside of your mouth.

The Saranac website says that grilled chicken dishes and Mexican foods are good pairings for Black Forest, but I enjoyed my food pairing too!

5.3% ABV on this on this beer brewed with two-row and caramel malt.

We could fill up our entire blog with all the Saranac varieties!  Another thumbs up on this one.  Great job once again from the folks in Upstate New York.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment