March 29, 2011

Samuel Adams Boston Lager from Boston Brewing Company

By Rick

Don & I recently attended the "1st Annual North Coast BeatleFest" in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. What a great time we had! Eight hours of Beatles memorabilia, Beatles videos and Beatles music from some of Cleveland's best Beatles tribute bands!

But the Festival was only serving "Blah" and "Blah Lite" beer on tap! I was hoping for great beer to go along with the great music! My fear was put to rest when I saw the patriotic labels on the bottles of Samuel Adams Boston Lager! It made perfect sense: "The Great American Beer" coupled with the greatest British Invasion band!

Yes, I consider Samuel Adams Boston Lager to be "The Great American Beer". But I also admit that I've forgotten just how good this beer is! Admittedly- I've taken it for granted", but I won't anymore! It's become so well-known. The Boston Brewing Company website documents its history quite well.

The beer pours out a beautuful amber-brown. What a beautiful head and lacing too! (Check out the website for its own special glass too!) I love the sweet, hoppy smell released from its pouring!

Its taste and mouthfeel are wonderful! Crisp and effervescent- yet full-bodied. Such a well-balanced finish! I hate to use use the word "finish" because I don't want to finish a delicious beer like this! (It's 4.9% ABV makes it quite inviting to have "seconds" too!) As with all quality brews- Samuel Adams Boston Lager can stand up to any food pairing- or stand alone!

It took my favorite British Revolution band to help me re-discover "The Great American Beer"! (As Don would say: "I LOVE, LOVE ME DO Samuel Adams Boston Lager!"

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment