September 23, 2012

Perpetual IPA from Troegs Brewing

By Rick


I’ve been spending some time refinishing some furniture.  I find it very therapeutic.  It takes time, but requires patience and perseverance.  I also get to listen to my favorite oldies music- and drink some of my favorite beers!

I was looking in my beer fridge for something that would cut the sawdust taste in my mouth and I found a PERPETUAL IPA by the Troegs Brewing Company in Hershey, PA.  (Yep, THAT Hershey!)  Check out their website @ www.troegs.com   I’m not sure why this ale is so named, but I did find out that it’s now available year-round!  (Maybe that’s why it’s “perpetual”?!)

BTW: PERPETUAL IPA  is considered an “Imperial Ale”.  Sometimes you also might hear the term “Double IPA” used.  It denotes a hoppy version of the classic pale ale- with an ABV of 7.5% or more.  (Just what makes us Hopheads so happy!)

I took a break from sanding to pour the brew into a pint glass.   PERPETUAL IPA is a classic straw-colored ale with a proper head.  Nice effervescence too!  My nose picked up the classic citrus/ hoppy aroma as I gulped down my “reward” for my hard work!  And rewarded I was!  That effervescence and hoppy taste was “just what the doctor ordered” to clear my palate of that sawdust taste in my mouth!  From start to finish- what a great IPA!

If this 7.5% APV brew can cut through the sawdust- imagine how great it will taste with the heartiest of foods- or reward yourself after doing some work around the house!

Speaking of work: I’ve got some more sanding to do…

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment