August 24, 2011

Summer Shandy from Leinenkugel's Brewing

By Rick

Leinenkugel did it again. They've marketed another tasty seasonal brew:  Summer Shandy.  The term "shandy" denotes a combination of beer and lemonade. 
When I first heard of this combination, I shuddered.  It would be like taking two good things and making it into one bad thing- like putting ketchup on ice cream!


But I was wrong- at least about the shandy!  It's quite a refreshing drink!

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy pours a cloudy lemony-yellow with a head that fizzles away somewhat quickly.  The lemony aroma was nicely apparent as I brought the glass to my lips.  That light "sweet & sour" lemony taste balanced nicely with the body of the beer  What a nice mouthfeel!  Very crisp and effervescent!  (And at only 4.2%ABV, you'll be able to enjoy a few of them!) 

You might serve beer or lemonade at your next cook-out.  Why not serve up a Summer Shandy too?!  (But I would hold off on serving that ice cream and ketchup idea!)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment