July 15, 2012

UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen from Harpoon Brewery

By Rick


Do you have any favorite “summer beers”?!  Beers that are a little bit lighter, a little bit crisper- even a little bit more” fruity” than the beer you may drink during the rest of the year?!  Harpoon Brewery’s UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen certainly is one of those beers!  Check out the brewery’s website for lots of info on this and other Harpoon beers!

A friend of mine recently shared this tasty brew with me.  “You’re a fruity-beer kind-of-guy” she said.  (And she’s right!)  I’m also very willing to put that slice of lemon or orange on my beer glass- or in this case- even dropping a few raspberries into my glass!

Hefeweizen is one of my favorite beers.  (Hefe is German for yeast; weizen is German for wheat.)  It’s characteristically a cloudy, unfiltered brew that’s crisp and flavorful, yet also has a characteristically “soft” mouthfeel and a clean finish.  I think Hefeweizen is a great “base” for other flavors to be combined- and I think the UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen proves that!

Harpoon’s offering reveals a sweet raspberry aroma upon opening.  It pours a beautiful golden cloud with LOTS of bubbles and a frothy head!  Try it in a champagne flute- really!  It’s a very pretty pour!

And what a tasty drink!  Light, crisp, refreshing… and that clean finish!  Only 4.8 ABV too!  (I drank my Raspberry Hefeweizen after a tennis match, but I can’t wait to serve this brew at my next barbeque- especially w/ my grilled fruits for dessert!)

I really think Harpoon Brewery is doing something very cool with their versions of German Hefeweizen!


Be a fruity-beer kind-of-guy this summer!

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment