September 03, 2012

Riverdriver Hazelnut Porter from Sea Dog Brewing


By Rick

Dessert beer.

It’s a term I like to use with beers that are sweet enough to have as a dessert.  (Makes sense, huh?!)

Sea Dog Brewing Company’s “Riverdriver Hazelnut Porter” isn’t necessarily a “dessert beer”, but it’s tasty enough to serve with your desserts!  Check out this Portland, Maine brewery’s website to learn more about their many brews.  www.seadogbrewing.com

It pours out with that rich, dark brown color and that light brown frothy head.  Porters are sometimes too “earthy” for my personal taste, but not this one: it was full-bodied and satisfying.  The hazelnut didn’t hit me until the finish.  Nice and crisp!

That’s when I said:  “How about some chocolate?!”  What a flavorful combination! (I must admit: I LOVE chocolate!)  I started to think of all the tasty foods I could pair with this tasty brew- from chocolate-covered pretzels… chocolate-covered graham crackers (a childhood favorite!)… to those All-American desserts like brownies, cupcakes or that classic: a piece of chocolate cake!  (Can you tell that I LOVE chocolate?!) 

As I said earlier: this brew is tasty enough to serve with some great treats!  Enjoy with your snacks or desserts!

Sea Dog’s Hazelnut Porter has a 5.6%ABV- so drink responsibly!

Dare I say: “You can have your cake and drink it too?!”

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment