August 30, 2012

Summer of Lager from Cisco Brewers

By Rick

Gow many people remember “The Summer Of Love”?!  (1967)

I do.  I was just an adolescent, so change was a way of life.  (And what changes they were!)  The summer’s soundtrack was the Beatles’ SGT. PEPPERS’ LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND.  Johnny River’s song “Summer Rain” was a tribute to “The Summer of Love”.

Cisco Brewers (Nantucket Island) capitalized on that phrase with their “Summer of Lager” brew.  It’s listed as a seasonal offering, but it’s good enough to drink year-round.  Check out their website ( www.ciscobrewers.com) for more info.  Even the lager’s label reminds me of 1967’s “flower power”!

“Summer of Lager” pours out a nice caramel brown and holds a proper head.  Its aroma is hearty and not overpowering.  The same goes for its malty taste: I found it to be quite satisfying!  You can pair this 5.6% brew with a variety of foods.  (I often choose lagers with my foods!  They pair very well!)

Try a “Summer of Lager”…. And dust off that old vinyl LP of SGT PEPPERS’ LONLEY HEARTS CLUB BAND too!

(Dare I say: “Peace, Hope and LAGER”?!)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment