January 17, 2011

Cold Front from Ithaca Beer Co.

By Don

My last "Mix Pack" that I picked up included nothing but "Winter" beers.

One that caught my eye was "Cold Front" from Ithaca Beer Company of Ithaca, NY.  It's one of their seasonal offerings and is a Belgian style dark Amber Ale.

Time for a trip to the Finger Lakes!!!

Cold Front pours to a dark Amber color.  It's very carbonated -- almost soda-like.  It had a good amount of head, but the foam was thin and bubbly and dissipated fairly quickly.

I got a spice aroma.  I detected cloves and honey as well.

Cold Front has a sweet taste.  Because of the carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp, almost effervescent.

It's 7.2% ABV and Cold Front is available from September through February.

All in all, I would say that Cold Front tastes like winter!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment