September 05, 2010

Sunset Wheat from Leinenkugel's Brewing

By Rick

With the end of summer approaching, I apologize for not posting this review earlier in the year. Hopefully- you've been enjoying the summer with Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat.

The brewery's website states that The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery (Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin) is the 7th oldest brewery in the USA, but Sunset Wheat is relatively new to their product line. It's my favorite of their varieties. In fact: this is my very favorite "summer beer"!

It pours a golden-orange color. (Think of a beautiful sunset with that pour...) You should see a nice thick head on the top of that cloudy brew- just the way a what beer should be!. Enjoy the citrus aroma that accompanies the pour! Some people may not like to that "sweet wheat" taste, but I love it! (Be sure to add that big slice of orange too! "Beer is good food!")

I must admit: its crisp sweet taste usually doesn't linger long in my mouth on most summer days! (That's my fault- not the beer's fault!) I think Sunset Wheat tastes great by itself, but don't be afraid to enjoy it with your favorite summer foods. (I love my "Leinies" with anything on the grill! Try it w/ grilled veggies! YUM!) And at just 4.8%ABV - you can enjoy a couple of them- whether it's after cutting the grass, grilling- or watching that beautiful sunset...

Cheers!

CATEGORY: Summer Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment