October 01, 2011

Pemi Pale Ale from Woodstock Inn Brewery

By Don

In an earlier post, I told the story about our great week in New Hampshire and my discovery of Woodstock Inn Brewing.

Recently, Rick and I headed to Herwig's Austrian Bistro for dinner before we went to see the legendary British band, The Zombies, live in concert at The State Theatre in State College, PA.

Herwig's is a BYOB restaurant, so Rick had his Playmate cooler with him.  He surprised me when he opened it up by pulling out beers from Palmetto Brewing and Woodstock Inn Brewery -- the beers that I brought back from my two vacations this summer!!!  Rick said that he wanted to drink them with me!

We sat at the Stammtisch table at Herwig's, which is the table reserved for their "special" customers.  At least, I hope we're special!  When you sit at the Stammtisch, you meet new friends.  Rick and I sat with Wes and Christine.  They were beer lovers too and we had a great conversation about beer while we ate.

One that we tried was Pemi Pale Ale from Woodstock Inn Brewing.

Pemi Pale Ale is one of Woodstock's regular lineup.  It's an award winning Ale.

It pours to a pale amber color with a nice, frothy head.  The aroma has some fruity hints from the hops.  When you taste Pemi Pale Ale, you get an initial sweet taste followed by a bitter kick at the back of your throat.

This would be a good everyday beer.  If I could easily get Pemi Pale Ale, I would have it on hand as a regular offering in my beer fridge.
It clocks in at 5.7% ABV and 56.4 IBU's.

More good stuff from New Hampshire!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment