November 11, 2010

Winter Ale from Weyerbacher Brewing Company

By Don

It seems we've been on a Weyerbacher kick of late, huh?

Bud brought me over another present the other day -- a Winter Ale from Weyerbacher Brewing Company.  Weyerbacher is based in Easton, PA and Winter Ale is one of their seasonal offerings available November through February.

It pours with a nice, frothy head.  It's a wonderful chocolate, coffee appearance.  And the aroma hits you right in the nostrils.  In fact, I had my pint glass sitting on the end table next to me while I sat on the couch and I could still smell the chocolate hints.

Nice lacing.  Good mouth feel.  It seems to be heavily carbonated when you pour it, but doesn't feel that way in your mouth.  It's very smooth and has a nice warming feeling as it goes down.  It's just 5.6% ABV.

We had some German chocolate in the house and I had a few pieces along with my Winter Ale.  What a great treat!  It was a good pairing!

So, cuddle up with your loved one in front of the fire and enjoy a Weyerbacher Winter Ale!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment