September 03, 2012

Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale from Sea Dog Brewing


By Rick

Summertime… and the livin’ is easy…

And our beer selections are many!

My buddy Don gave me a membership in a BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB for a retirement present.  What a great gift!  One of the great beers we recently sampled was Sea Dog Brewing Company’s “Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale”.  Check out their website www.seadogbrewing.com for more info  RE: their flavorful (and award-winning) brews!

I realize that some beer purists may scoff at a fruity beer, but I think they’re great for these hot summer days!  Whether it’s  a “reward’ after doing some yard work, enjoying a backyard barbeque –or just “chillin” on that porch/ patio- a fruity beer exemplifies that “easy livin’ summer lifestyle “!

The scent of blueberry immediately enticed me upon its opening and its pouring.  The golden liquid and white, frothy head further enticed me!  Enjoy the bubbles too!  (Impress your friends by pouring this in a fluted glass!  You might want to add a few blueberries too!)

Although the scent of blueberry was prominent during the opening, it does not overpower the taste.  Notice “the bubbles”!  I love that fresh, crisp taste and that clean finish! (And with a 4.6% ABV- you can responsibly enjoy a few!)  This is one of those beers that I would recommend with that fresh fruit salad appetizer or with your grilled fruit desserts!

Enjoy your summers- and enjoy a Sea Dog Wild Blueberry What Ale too!

Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. I gave my dad a membership to the beer of the month and I was able to try the Sea Dog Blueberry at his house. Admittedly we were skeptical, but I loved it right off the bat as it was better than anything I expected. My latest try, Pumpkin Ale from Harvest Moon is not nearly as flavorful as I had hoped. Found your page while using google-fu to try and find more beers like Sea Dog's blueberry.

    ReplyDelete