November 13, 2010

Oktoberfest from Brooklyn Brewery

By Don

Fall is my favorite time of the year -- football, leaves changing colors and great seasonal brews! I do love a good Oktoberfest, so one day while checking out the beer aisle, I spotted an Oktoberfest from Brooklyn Brewery.

When I got home, I decided to take out the newest addition to my glassware question to enjoy my seasonal treat. To celebrate our 18th Anniversary, my wife and I went on a weekend trip to the spa town of Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. In addition to all the spas, the town is home to numerous antique shops. As you might know from reading the reviews on this blog, I'm always looking for new glassware. In one of the antique shops, I spotted them. 7 ounce glasses with a "B" on them -- a set of 8!!!

So, I poured my Brooklyn Beer in my "B" glass from Berkeley Springs.

Oktoberfest pours to a nice amber color. It has a nice frothy head that sticks around. There are hints of caramel aroma. It's a nice crisp taste with a good mouthfeel.

According to the Brooklyn website, Oktoberfest is available from August through October. It's 5.5% ABV and steak and roasted meats are suggested food pairings.

Another great offering from the folks at Brooklyn Brewing. Pick some up ... if you still can!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment