April 16, 2011

Samuel Adams Irish Red from Boston Brewing Company

By Rick

I sure don't have "the luck of the Irish"! I tore my right Achilles tendon playing tennis with my son in mid- March, so I couldn't really "celebrate" St. Patrick's Day! But with my surgery and recuperation s-l-o-w-l-y coming along, I'm trying to make up for lost time!

My buddy Joe saved me a Samuel Adams Irish Red to sample from his Variety Pack. I've tasted a few other popular "red beers"- and this variety holds up well against them. Check out the Boston Brewery website for more info: www.samueladams.com

It pours a reddish- brown with a proper head. Hmm... is that caramel I smell?! I was pleased at how smooth it felt in my mouth. Thirst-quenching! Don't be afraid to pair this (5.8% ABV) brew with your favorite Irish foods as you celebrate St. Patrick's Day- or any day!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. When I was in southern California I picked up a Sam Adams Sampler pack to bring back to my in-laws. This one was my father in-law's favorite. It was the first time that "craft" beer had crossed their threshold so I was pleased that he enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete