June 12, 2013

Applehead Wheat Ale from Shipyard Brewing Company

By Rick

“Summertime… and the drinking is easy…”

I’m looking forward to the warmer weather in Central PA.  I’m also looking forward to trying some “warm weather brews”.

Applehead Wheat Ale certainly fits the bill. Check out the Shipyard Brewing Company website (www.shipyard.com) to find out more about this fast-growing craft brewery in Portland, Maine.

Applehead pours a golden yellow with a frothy white head.  (It looked quite nice in my pilsner glass!)  There’s a nice, subtle aroma of apple, cinnamon and nutmeg.

I was expecting a “cidery” taste, but I was pleasantly surprised with a sweeter, juicier taste and a crisp, refreshing finish.  (And with a 4.5% ABV- you can finish a few of them at your next get-together!)

Applehead would be great with grilled fruit- or how about as a “dessert beer”- with some apple pie and ice cream?!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment